Team Leader Treatment Plants
Department: Warrumbungle Water
Reports to: Supervisor Warrumbungle Water Treatment Plants
Salary Range: $1,073 - $1,224 per 38 hour week/9 day fortnight + super
At Warrumbungle Shire Council we offer a broad variety of jobs with a range of benefits and career development opportunities within Local Government. Our scenic location, amongst friendly country communities, provides an ideal setting for those looking to balance a country lifestyle and career.
The guiding principles of honesty, integrity, fairness and compassion form the spirit of the team along with respect, transparency, passion, trust and opportunity is how Warrumbungle Shire Council strengthens its working environment to deliver on the aspirations of our community. We are an EEO Employer with a commitment to our staff and our vision is Excellence in Local Government.
Purpose of the Position
This position is responsible for the operation, surveillance, preventative and reactive maintenance, emergency repair of Council’s water sourcing and treatment and sewage treatment infrastructure including sewage pumping stations in Coonabarabran, Baradine, Bugaldie and Kenebri. The position entails the supervision of relevant staff as well as ensuring the provision of safe and good quality water in accordance with Health standards and the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines and compliance with Council’s Environmental Protection Agency licences.
The job holder will be required to obtain and maintain certification in the Water Treatment Plants and Sewerage Treatment Plants within the group, and to continue to develop their knowledge and skills and those of their team. The Team Leader Warrumbungle Water Treatment Plants may also be expected to act in the Supervisor Warrumbungle Water Treatment Plants role when the incumbent is absent.
- Commitment to Council’s Mission, Values and Code of Conduct
- Understanding of work health and safety (WHS) in the workplace and commitment to a positive contribution to WHS in the workplace and compliance with Council and legislative requirements
- Certificate III in Water Industry Treatment (Drinking Water) and Certificate III in Water Industry Treatment (Wastewater) or equivalent qualification and / or extensive knowledge and experience of water and sewerage treatment
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development of self and team members
- Demonstrated working knowledge and understanding of the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines
- Participate in rotating on-call roster for emergency call-outs
- Ability to be on-site in Coonabarabran within 30 minutes for any emergency call-out and within 30 minutes plus travel time to calls at other centres in the group
- OHS Construction Induction Certificate (“white card”)
- Class C NSW Drivers Licence.
- Competent in Dam Safety Surveillance
- Fluoridation certification
- Confined Spaces Certificate
- Working at heights training
- Chemical Handling Certificate (ChemCert)
- Current WIOA Water Industry Operator Certification for treatment plants in Coonabarabran, Baradine, Kenebri and Bugaldie
Applicants should note that Criminal History Checks, as well as alcohol and drug testing, are conditions of employment.
Applications close at 11.00 pm Sunday 22 November 2020.
For enquiries, please contact Organisation Development on 6849 2000.
How to apply
Please provide sufficient detail in your answers to the questions as this information is used to assess your suitability for interview.
- Scroll down and complete the fields below. Note: Fields marked with a red asterisk* are mandatory.
- Click ‘Next’
- Attach your resume, covering letter and copies of your qualifications
- Click ‘Next’
- Review your application and click ‘Confirm’ to submit your completed application
You will receive an email acknowledgement to confirm receipt of your application. You will receive email notifications regarding the status of your application. It is important that you regularly check your email to ensure you do not miss any notifications from Council.